top of page

Auto, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents

Personal injuries resulting from car, motorcycle, or auto accidents can cause a gret deal of physical, emotional, and financial damage. Car, motorcycle, and auto accidents are often caused by someone else's negligence. Laws exist in order to protect those injured in such accidents. To help preserve your rights, obtain assistance from knowledgeable Florida car, motorcycle, and auto accident attorneys. The legal team at Spector Law Offices will do their best to ensure cases are properly evaluated and handled.


What to do after a Car, Motorcycle, or Auto Accident


The moments immediately after a car, motorcycle, or auto accident require clear, rational thinking to protect yourself and your personal property. There are a number of steps you can take to increase your chances of financial recovery and the amount of that recovery in your auto accident case. We suggest you take the following steps:


1.Insist that a report for car or motorcycle accidents be filed with the local police or Florida State Police.


2. Document as much as you can about the car, motorcycle, or auto accident or injury itself. Our lawyer will need to know every detail about your injuries, any other losses (such as wages) you have suffered as a result of the accident, and any conversation you had with anyone involved in the accident.


3. Talk to no one about the car, motorcycle, or auto accident or injuries other than your attorney or physician. You especially do not want to speak with an insurance adjuster. Our attorney will be happy to assist you.


4. Be sure to take photos of the car, motorcycle, or auto accident scene, including any visible injuries and the vehicles involved.


5. Get the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident who may be able to help prove your case.


6. Immediately seek medical attention following a car, motorcycle, or auto accident. Be sure to explain how the injuries occurred to your doctor or surgeon. Mention all complaints of pain, restricted motion, disorientation, confusion, memory lapses, or other conditions you have sustained related to or aggravated by your accident.


What is my next step?


If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, our auto accident attorney can assist you. Our legal team has compiled an FAQs page about auto accidents to give you additional information about your injury claim. If you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile or motorcycle accident call the Spector Law Offfices at 954-764-2909 or 1-800-393-0596. Or email us using the evaluation form


How much is my auto accident case worth?


This question is difficult to answer as it depends on many factors: If someone else's negligence caused the auto accident and resulted in injuries, one of our lawyers can help you obtain any payment you are entitled to for your medical bills plus compensation for pain and suffering. This would include past and future medical bills.


If you were seriously injured and missed time from work, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages or loss of earning capacity in the future. Our proven auto accident lawyer can help you retain such compensation. There is no proven formula to determine exactly how much a case is worth. It will depend on how the evidence and testimony dictate the case. Because of our record of trying these types of cases, our firm is able to determine a general value for your claim.


Our Office will evaluate the circumstances surrounding the accident, obtain medical records and bills, and analyze the client's injury in order to provide an estimated value.


How long will it take to bring my auto accident case to a conclusion?


The complexity of the accident as well as the particular injuries sustained will determine the time frame of the outcome. We resolve our client's cases based on an understanding of their current and future medical conditions. Once our law firm becomes involved, the average car or auto accident case is resolved within eight to 12 months.


I have "full coverage," why am I not covered?


Full coverage, while it can mean a variety of things, does not automatically imply that bodily injury is covered. Contact your insurance company for clarification on your insurance coverage.


Does my auto insurance cover my motorcycle accident?


Many motorcycle owners believe that they will be covered by their automobile insurance if they are involved in a crash. Unfortunately, this is not the case. In Florida, insurance is not required for the owner and rider of a motorcycle. Furthermore, the PIP coverage a motorcycle owner may have on his car will not cover the owner if injured on a motorcycle.


What are the MMI and permanent impairment rating?


At the conclusion of your treatment with a doctor, our office will request a final narrative of your condition. Once a physician has decided you are at Maximum Medical Improvement (MMI), some doctor's assign, and insurance company's request, a permanent impairment rating. It does not mean that you are back to the physical or mental condition you were at prior to the accident. It simply means your condition has stabilized and you have a loss.


This is generally done pursuant to American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines for rating impairments . A permanent impairment rating technically is not called for as a basis at trial in an automobile case, but many automobile insurance companies like to have the impairment rating so they can evaluate the case.


What is my next step?


If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, our car and motorcycle accident lawyers can assist you. Speak with the legal team at Spector Law Offices today by calling 954-764-2909.


bottom of page